Sep 8, 2009

Anyone Want to Send Me a Water Filter?

It's the start of separate blog posts for the Steingold sisters now that we're in two different states. Tonight it's Elyse. It took me this long to write a new post because every time I came to the blog to write a new one, I ended up just watching that video over and over again and then I would forget my initial intention in signing on to lordhelpthesisters.blogspot.com. Also, I now have a twitter which I completely don't know how to use and I'm a little ashamed that I have one in the first place, but I felt I had to. So if anything the least bit witty comes to mind, I post it on my twitter. So, my twitter page is very "twitty." Ha. And based on that pun you can imagine how terribly uninteresting my twitter page is.

So I go to school in DC just steps from the Kennedy Center, and every night they present performances at the Millennium Stage for free. Some nights are incredible and some nights they bring in Al from off the street with his tin drum made out of a trash can. Tonight happened to be incredible. The Signature Theatre presented a cabaret of songs from The American Musical Voices Project, which included new work from Michael John LaChiusa, Ricky Ian Gordon, Joseph Thalken, Adam Guettel, and a lot more. There were a ton of songs whose sheet music I have to get my hands on for when Annie and I finally pull off our cabaret. Seriously. We want to have a 2-woman show. And our parents might make guest appearances. It will be just like the Broadway's Leading Ladies show except Annie, Mom, and I will be singing the "Weber Love Trio" and Dad will be singing "The Ladies Who Lunch" in his falsetto. On that note (heh) I bid you farewell.

Later, I'll talk about the upcoming Equality March that's happening here in October and the fact that the Hair tribe from Broadway is going to be marching. I'm all about equality, but honestly, mostly I'm walking to try to accidentally brush Will Swenson's butt.

1 comment:

Alexis Baker said...

I am laughing out loud at the thought of

1. Your dad breaking the martini glass and saying "Does anyone still wear a hat?" in that incredible voice he has..

2. The ressurection of the weber trio. I saw it once... I need ot see it again.

LOVE YOU LEESEE! I follow your twitter :)