Sep 3, 2008

Broadway at West Beverly

Why hello! We told you that the Daily Obsession thing wouldn't quite pan out the way we had hoped. Right now, things are a tad crazy. First of all, only one of us is writing this right now- the less funny sister. Now, did your mind immediately snap to, "Aw man, just Annie's writing"? Because if so, you are correct, my friend. And also, how dare you call me the less funny sister!

Anyway, Elyse has moved to college and is now in D.C. Being without her is killing me softly. However, we plan on keeping the blog going- I mean come on, we've only been around for two months, you can't get rid of us that fast! Plus, it's cool because Elyse will be able to talk about shows in D.C. So yeah, we totally had plans to email back and forth, video chat on iChat, etc., and come up with more "funny" posts for the blog. However, Elyse's computer broke her second day as a college student . Her bag of Cheetos also got stuck in the vending machine her second day as a college student. So basically, her second day as a college student sucked. I think the Cheetos fiasco threw her over the edge. Anyway, until she gets her computer back from the "geniuses" at the Apple store on Thursday, there shall be no theatre musings.

However... while I'm here... did anyone watch 90210 on the CW tonight? NO no, don't click the close button on your screen! I promise I'm going somewhere with this. I have a few comments first, though. Oh, how I missed this gem. I had a huge crush on Dylan McKay- and I was like, 6 years old. Now, this show is a spin-off of Beverly Hills, 90210, but come on, it's basically the same thing. Twins move to the big city from out of town, the Peach Pit's the cool place to be, and the writing is still as good as ever. My favorite lines of the night? "You're breaking up with me?".... "I'm breaking up with us." LOVE it. Two main reasons you should watch the show. 1, Aunt Becky has a pretty big role. And 2, Shannen Doherty's BACK! YES!! And boy oh boy, is she milking this part for all it's worth. We're talkin' wayyyy over the top.

So where am I going with this, you ask? Well, in tonight's episode, we see that West Beverly High is putting on a musical. And that musical is... SPRING AWAKENING. I literally spat out my drink when they said that. Actually, I didn't spit out my drink, but I wish I had. It looks so fun when people in the movies do that- and do you notice how their drink always lands right on the nerd's face? But yeah, their musical is Spring Awakening. They literally rehearsed "Mama Who Bore Me," microphones, stomping feet and all. I mean, I knew Beverly Hills was rich, but I wondered how even THEY could afford the rights! Insert laugh here.

Okay, that's it for now. We will BOTH be back by the end of this week, I promise. And Elyse, sorry if you found this post not funny at all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I read this in the 400 degree computer lab and laughed so hard i spat out my drink on the nerd sitting across from me. But instead of a drink, it was a cheetoh. And instead of it being the nerd sitting across from me, it was on myself. Who is probably the bigger nerd in this equation.