Sep 30, 2008

Thoughts from a Closed Mouth

Hello everyone! It's just me, Annie. I thought I'd give a little report on how I'm doing, and also to report on some thoughts I've had as I've laid around for about a week. Finally I am back to walking around and going out in public. Yes, I scare everyone around me due to the fact that the bottom half of my face looks like a pumpkin, but I figure, hey! It's almost Halloween time, it fits, right?

Anyway. Here are some Amusing Musings that I've had while recovering. First of all, I've come to realize that Jane Lynch is one of my favorite actresses ever. She's hilarious and another person whose best friend I want to become. Speaking of... I'm still not best friends with Robyn and Angie... hmm, I need to work some more on that. Hopefully they won't be scared of my pumpkin face.

Has anyone been watching the new season of Dancing with the Stars? I'm not going to say who I want to win the whole thing- it's too early to tell- but I have to say, I am loving me some Cloris Leachman. She is just too much. If you haven't been watching the show, watch it just for Cloris Leachman.

My mom got me a 750-piece puzzle to do, and guess what it's of? TIMES SQUARE! It's so totally cool, and has pictures from tons of Broadway shows, ranging from Tommy to Steel Pier, to Millie to Joseph, as well as Contact, Seussical, Rocky Horror, and many more! How often when playing puzzles do you get to say, "Hand me The Full Monty piece!" I'm having way too much fun with this.

There's a Facebook video up of Stage One's Ragtime rehearsal that you should check out.... insert something funny here? Hopefully I'll be able to check it out, I'm sure it's going to be awesome. That music, AH. Oh, and Chase if you're reading this, can you please put up a video of the rehearsal for "Journey On"? That is my favorite song in the entire show, and my boyfriend (or was it Elyse's boyfriend?) Michael Hawke is in it- YES!

Finally, in honor of Rosh Hashanah, the Jewish New Year (which is today- Happy New Year!), here is an absolutely incredible sermon which my mom sent me that you have to read. Cheesy, I know. But seriously, it's really good and it involves A MUSICAL! WICKED! How awesome is that? I've never been to temple and heard a sermon that involves a musical. Seriously, you should read this, even if you're not Jewish. Yes, it's kind of funny picturing the Rabbi standing up on the pulpit, seriously quoting lyrics that Idina belted out, but it's still worth reading.

These musings were not so amusing, but we'll be coming back full force soon enough. And here's a little trivia question that I thought of while playing Play-Doh a few days ago: There are FOUR musicals (maybe more than that!) which have characters with the name ANNIE in them! Can you think of the four musicals? The winner gets the Times Square puzzle.... HA, yeah right, in your dreams. But seriously, see if you can figure it out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

1) Little Orphan Annie from ANNIE, of course;
2) Annie Oakley from ANNIE GET YOUR GUN;
3) Ado Annie from OKLAHOMA;
4) Anakin Skywalker (Annie to Jar-Jar Binks) from THE PHANTOM MENACE (wait--not a musical yet, never mind);
4) Anna from THE KING AND I (oh, you want full-blown Annie's do ya? Fine.)
4) Nothing. I got nothing.